cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: The time has come for TomCat & Cocoon2
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:51:27 GMT

Kevin Sonney wrote:

> I've decided the time has come to migrate from JServ 1.1.1
> (.1.1.1.1.1.1 *smirk*) & Cocoon 1.x on my laptop to TomCat &
> Cocoon 2-alpha.
>
> So, before I get started, here are some questions :
>
> 1) Has *ANYONE* seen a Migration guide for Jserv -> TomCat? I've been
> looking, and none of the docs are really that clear on it. Hints would
> be great.

I was never a heavy user of JServ, nor have I ever tried cocoon1.

But I will say that with Tomcat 3.2 (now in beta), and with getting the
cocoon-2 samples up and running are as simple as copying a few jar files
into the tomcat lib directory, and one war file into the webapps directory
and starting Tomcat.  After you have verified the correct operation using
port 8080, take a look into Tomcat's conf directory, and you should find a
tomcat-apache.conf file ready for inclusion in Apache.

- Sam Ruby