cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Saint-Elie <...@interpasnet.com>
Subject Re: The time has come for TomCat & Cocoon2
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:59:55 GMT
Sam,

Its NOT required to "delete" jaxp.jar and parser.jar, simply to add xerces
and xalan in tomcat.bat (or the sh equivalent)
And this works perfectly well (with 1.75 dev, but I suppose also with 2.0)

Bonjour (Hello) rubys@us.ibm.com, vous avez écrit le (you wrote on) 13:37
04/07/00 -0400 :

>Sam Ruby wrote:
> >
> > But I will say that with Tomcat 3.2 (now in beta), and with getting the
> > cocoon-2 samples up and running are as simple as copying a few jar
> > files into the tomcat lib directory, and one war file into the webapps
> > directory and starting Tomcat.  After you have verified the correct
> > operation using port 8080, take a look into Tomcat's conf directory,
> > and you should find a tomcat-apache.conf file ready for inclusion in
> > Apache.
>
>One step I forgot to mention: delete jaxp.jar and parser.jar from
>tomcat.lib.
>
>I've also heard reports that without these jars, there are some troubles
>with JSP.  I intend to have these fixed before 3.2 is released.
>
>- Sam Ruby

| Luc Saint-Elie                                 |
| 7, rue Androuët                                |
| 75018  Paris France                            |
| Tel:  06 12 90 19 65                           |
| email : luc@interpasnet.com                    |
| ICQ#  66963165                                 |