cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Matching dots - how?
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:54:12 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> How does one match dots in match patterns?  If you put a dot in the string,
> it will match any character.  Putting a backslash before the dot causes
> errors...

Yes, I know. Java is very picky about escaping. It wouldn't let you
escape a char that doesn't need to (in sense of Java Strings because it
doesn't know about regexp). I have no workaround at the moment but will
think about it. Maybe escaping the backslash like

   pattern="^(.*)\\.xml$"

will help (if the matcher/selector is able to recognise this).

Giacomo