cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: C2 status
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:41:00 GMT
"N. Sean Timm" wrote:

> "Giacomo Pati" <Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch> wrote:
> > Sean Timm will try to get Xalan 2.0 working with this release (trax). I
> > personaly had no luck with Xalan 2.0 transforming a sitemap to java code
> > using the stylesheet I've written
> >
> (src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl).
>
> Yes...unfortunately, the current version of Xalan 2 doesn't seem to work at
> all converting that sitemap, so I can't test any of my code changes until
> that starts working.  I fired a message off to Scott to see if I could get
> some assistance on the Xalan end of things.  I believe the changes I've made
> are correct, however, so it should be good to go as soon as we can get Xalan
> usable.  I haven't created the TraxTransformer yet, but I've modified the
> necessary files to make Cocoon2 use (and compile with) Xalan 2.  DOMUtils
> has been modified to utilize JAXP and TRaX, so there isn't a hard-coded
> dependency on Xerces and Xalan anymore.  (Although Xalan is currently the
> only TRaX implementation that I know of...)

To make C2 using Xalan 2 at all the sitemap generation stylesheet should
be the test case for it. It uses the java namespace for XSLT extensions
and this must be working. Until then C2 will remain on Xalan 1.x because
I think we can't mix these Xalan versions.

Maybe Scott is interested in the sitemap generation stylesheet?

Giacomo