cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Weinmann <aweinm...@bct-technology.com>
Subject Error output in Cocoon
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 06:59:47 GMT
Hello everybody,

If runtime errors (SQLError,FileNotFoundException) occur while
processing
a page, than Cocoon1 outputs an HTML page containing error message and
stack trace.
This seems to happen independently of the output format (Formatter) that
you
specified. I mean: this is usefull only if the client is a web browser
or understands HTML.
My question is:
Shouldn't there be some sort of dependency between the output format and
the
format of the error message? Example: If I have <?cocoon-format
type="text/xml"?>
in my page on the server, than (for my XML-based client) I would like to
get
any error output also in XML, and not in HTML, on order to be able to
handle
the error.

Maybe, in C2 this problem is taken into account? Or maybe already in C1,
and I don't know about it?

Alexander Weinmann
<aweinmann@bct-technology.com>

http://www.bct-portal.com/