cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: handle-errors
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:19:08 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> I'm thinking of how errors could be handled in a sitemap. The proposed
> draft states a
>
>    <map:handle-errors>
>     <map:select>
>      <map:when test="accepts('text/vnd.wap.wml')">
>       <map:transform src="./styles/Pipeline2WML.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize type="wap"/>
>      </map:when>
>      <map:otherwise>
>       <map:transform src="./styles/Pipeline2HTML.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize/>
>      </map:otherwise>
>     </map:select>
>    </map:handle-errors>
>
> fragment. Now, how about making the now unique error handler a
> SitemapComponent which gets the Exception thrown and starts spitting
> SAX events to the pipeline as a special kind of Generator which renders
> the error to the user?

Hmmm, an Error handler is a generator that is supposed to XML-ize error
information to the error-handling pipeline.

I'm not sure if this needs to be a component, sounds like FS to me. You
only need one way to XML-ize error information.

> Any comments?

Be careful in your "componentization" quest, you might componentize
something that should not be.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.