cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:24:36 GMT
"Timm, Sean" wrote:

> Hmm...I know it's probably bad form to manipulate the output stream prior to
> serialization, so perhaps someone can enlighten me as to a better way.  :)
> We've got a producer that takes quite some time, so we modified it to report
> its status, and we stream out a progress bar for display until the
> producer's work is complete (writing directly to the output stream, of
> course.)

Could you elaborate on how you do this, and instead of providing a general
"bad" feature (i.e direct writing to stream) we could incorporate a "good"
feature of status reporting. If that is abstracted that way, different kind of
environments would do different things, including progress bars, rotating bar
+ %, and so on.

I would call this a wanted feature and a higher level of abstraction is
necessary.

Anybody?

Niclas