cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:14:14 GMT
Ross Burton wrote:

> Excellent stuff, it's good to see progress!
>
> > Next Cocoon Hackaton is scheduled around October 20, London, England at
> > ApacheCON 2000 Europe.
>
> Inside the arena or somewhere else in London?  I would like to attent the
> Hackathon, but cannot afford the conference fees myself and my employer
> won't pay (Apache has nothing to do with us at present).

All right, great point.

The ASF is having a hackaton _before_ the conference and Ben Laurie is
taking care of organizing this.

This is, more or less, restricted to active developers (people that have
CVS commit access) or people that are willing to become an active
developer.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to "cocoon-polarize" the hackaton
that is supposed to be a way to let each project know about itself to
the other ASF projects to trigger higher level integration (think at
things like PHP/Perl/Cocoon or Xerces/Xalan/Cocoon/Fop or
Cocoon/Jetspeed/Prowler or Avalon/James/Tomcat, Apache/Tomcat etc...)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.