cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap mount concerns
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:34:28 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Niclas Hedhman <niclas@localbar.com> wrote:
> > Paul Russell wrote:
> >
> > > The only thing that I can see as a potential point of interest is
> > that
> > > sometimes it's nice to generalise - for example: (excuse the
> > incorrect
> > > syntax)
> > >
> > > <map:mount match="^/~(.*)/"
> > src="/home/$1/public_html/sitemap.xmap"/>
> > >
> > > would be handy for sites offering their employees access to
> > cocoon...
> >
> > Could not a much more generic mechanism be available. For instance,
> > if there
> > is a particular file available at the source, it will be used as
> > sitemap.
> > The .htaccess in Apache is, IMO, a successful implementation of such
> > feature.
>
> What behaviour you suggest if there isn't such a file?

Interesting point. In the Apache webserver case, they are cascadable by
hierarchy structure, so that

/abc/.htaccess
will govern all deeper directories, until another .htaccess is found.
I don't know how it handles multiple access paths and such.

Maybe that is not relevant in our case. I think I would favour a solution
where;
If the request is

/abc/def/niclas

There will be a sitemap "cascading rule", where
/sitemap.xmap
/abc/sitemap.xmap
/abc/def/sitemap.xmap
is imposed on top of each other.

But this could also become complex, since each of the stages are subject
to pipeline processing.

Nah, drop it...

Niclas