cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject How do you simply pass a file?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:28:36 GMT
I wanted to know how you simply pass a file unmolested by Cocoon.

The deal is with the samples like /jakarta.apache.org that HTTP
makes two requests: one for the html page, and one for the CSS
file.  This means that we have to have another entry in the
sitemap that returns the style.css file (even though it's real
name and location are different).

As a temporary stop gap, I can set up a context or something that
uses the servlet engines equivalent of a "file" servlet.  But this
is something that needs to be addressed.  If I use the file
generator, no transformer, and the image serializaer, the CSS
file still gets molested (unless the class/name parameters in the
HTML don't match up).  If I use the file generator, no transformer,
and the html serializer, the HTML chokes on the DOCTYPE tag.  I may
try it with the image serializer, but that is not intuitive.

We need to be able to have the following scenario work for non-xml
sources (CSS, JavaScript, etc):

request->Generator->file->Serializer->text->response

Or better yet, a special-case generator that also acts as a
serializer (and can take advantage of Cocoon's cache system).

request->GeneratorSerializer->pipe->response

Probably would be good to have one pipe per mime-type, so that we
don't have to recreate a mime-type matching system.

Thoughts?