cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Lancelle <...@knosys.com>
Subject CVS, parsers, permissions, builds, and around and around...
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:47:45 GMT
Just spent three days figuring out I had to be logged in as root on my
Linux box to get things to compile properly.

If not logged on as root, as in my case, certain classes can't be found.
Any ideas? Does it have to do with the haphazard way I install packages?
I have java installed as root being the owner, as well as the
permissions of all the build directories I am using. But have installed
the actual cvs source directories under another user.

Perhaps this message belongs in a Java usage mailing list, but since I
just had to have a look at Cocoon 2, I haven't the time to go anywhere
else...

Thanks for any suggestions.