cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Behaviour of mount element in sitemap
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:31:19 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> > > when delegating to
> > > pass the requested uri
> > >
> > > IMHO, this is right.  Sub-sitemaps only need to know about their portion of
> > > the URI space and need no other knowledge (such as where they are mounted).
> >
> > Totally agreed. Just follow the Servlet 2.2 context mapping model.
>
> Do you mean, that a SitemapProcessor should expose some kind of Resolver interface to
make the
> sub-sitemap have resolved any filesystem resource needed to the base of the mounted sitemap
(some
> kind of chroot behaviour)?

No, the sitemaps writers should have _no_ notion of where their sitemaps
will end up being mapped.

The implementation should just enforce this in whatever way we (you, at
this time) find appropriate.

> And what about links? Should a SitemapProcessor plug itself into the pipeline as a transformer
and
> intercept links to change them according to the "context" it runs in? Puh, this sound
like
> something I've removed some days ago which was called LinkTranslator, do you remember?

Hmmm, good point.

We should introduce the notion of "absolute" addresses.... hmmmm, what
about

 1) <map:redirect-to uri="blah"/>
 2) <map:redirect-to resource="blah"/>
 3) <map:redirect-to location="blah"/>

where

 1) [uri] -> http://host/blah
 2) [resource] -> local sitemap resource (should be inlined in the
sitemap generation or called as a method call)
 3) [location] -> redirected to the ./blah location of this very
sitemap.

So, we keep the attribute "uri" for absolute resources and "location"
for local resources.

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.