cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/arch/config SitemapConfigurationBuilder.java
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:31:11 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- bloritsch@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > bloritsch    00/07/11 05:51:47
> >
> >   Modified:    src/org/apache/arch/config Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         SitemapConfigurationBuilder.java
> >   Log:
> >   Fixed it with a hack.  It was calling protected methods within the ConfigurationImpl.
> >   My solution was for it to extend ConfigurationImpl, and provide the methods for
it
> >   to call back to the superclass.
> >
> >   It's ugly, but it works.
>
> I think the best way is to move it to the org.apache.cocoon.sitemap package, don't you?

yep.  But see my other message on Avalon synchronization.  It provides a way
to federate out to SAXConfigurationBuilder in a way that we don't redo work.

I'll let the maintainer of that class make the final decision on what to do
with it.  (move it, or replace it with the SAX Event federation approach).