cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2] Package names
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:21:35 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>    verb    |    action      |    actor
> -----------+----------------+--------------
>  generate  | generation     | generator
>  transform | transformation | transformer
>  serialize | serialization  | serializer
>  select    | selection      | selector
>  match     | matching       | matcher

Has anybody counted the votes?
Can the renaming of the package/directory structure/sources take place?

The directory structure should be

   org/apache/cocoon/generation      (instead of generators)
                    /transformation  (instead of filters)
                    /serialization   (instead of serializers)
                    /selection       (instead of choosers)
                    /matching        (instead of matchers)

as well as the package names.

The Interfaces are

   org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator
                    .transformation.Transformer
                    .serialization.Serializer
                    .selection.Selector
                    .matching.Matcher

The sitemap action elelments are

   <map:generate>
   <map:transform>
   <map:serialize>
   <map:select>, <map:when>, <map:otherwise> (reminds me on my good old
PL/1 times)
   <map:match>

And last but not leasst, are there any volunteers?

Giacomo