cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: [C2] Package names
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:55:20 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> >         I keep writing, Serialise, Colour etc. Ugh!
> "Colour" is a french-ism anyway :)
> [Interesting to think british didn't have a notion of colors strong
> enough to survive the french cultural influence]

If I am not completely wrong, the whole written english language was
structured by Dutch scholars in the 13th century, whereby they used dutch
pronounciation rules (at that time) to write the english (of that time), and
most of those spelling has been kept.

> After all these years, I still don't understand how you people can stand
> a language where there are no spelling rules. Words like "enough" drive
> my rational mind insane.

I have my own favourites; How do you pronounce;
1.  read
2.  live
3. tough / though / thought (these really kills me in laughter).

Sou Ay proupous that uii deefain aur oun spelling ruulz :o)

View raw message