cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Package names
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 13:50:49 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> At 21:02 -0400 07/07/00, Donald Ball wrote:
> >>  generate  | generation     | generator
> >>  transform | transformation | transformer
> >>  serialize | serialization  | serializer
> >>  select    | selection      | selector
> >>  match     | matching       | matcher
> >>
> >> then the interface for every component category will be placed in
> >>
> >>  org.apache.cocoon.[action].[actor]
> >>
> >> Please, PLEASE, let's agree on this.
> >
> >+1, now that the grammar police have had their way.
>
> Ha Ha! Vee haf means of making you talk ( correctly ! :)
> Now, if only Java was based on British rather than American English ;-)
>
>         I keep writing, Serialise, Colour etc. Ugh!

"Colour" is a french-ism anyway :)

[Interesting to think british didn't have a notion of colors strong
enough to survive the french cultural influence]

After all these years, I still don't understand how you people can stand
a language where there are no spelling rules. Words like "enough" drive
my rational mind insane.

Know what? probably there are so many non-anglo-saxons around XML
because of this: we feel the lack of language validation rules probably
much more than you do. :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.