cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Cocoon Configuration Thoughts
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:44:16 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as far as I know, the file is only read once on startup of
> > Cocoon.
> > So changes in this configuration file are only reflected by Cocoon if I
> > restart the server.
> True.
> >
> > As we want to deploy changes to the configuration file without restarting
> > anything, we are looking for a more elegant way for this.
> > Has anyone of you thought about such a "hot deployment" feature? I could
> > imagine a simple solution where cocoon checks after a specific time period
> > for changes in the configuration file.
> >
> > I am looing for your thoughts.
> How about having your servlet engine restart Cocoon?  Anyways, what would
> be the purpose of a dynamically reconfigured Cocoon?  It is a "cool" feature,
> but once a site has been built and configured, it really shouldn't change.
> What about having multiple instances in different Contexts?  One for each
> version of Cocoon you need.

Cocoon2 checks for configuration changes and reloads them when they

In the future, if you change the sitemap, it will need to be recompiled
so it will take a while, but it will be possible to do.

Yes, you shouldn't restart the server in order to change "some" of your

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.