cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Configuration Thoughts
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:05:51 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as far as I know, the cocoon.properties file is only read once on startup of
> Cocoon.
> So changes in this configuration file are only reflected by Cocoon if I
> restart the server.

True.

> As we want to deploy changes to the configuration file without restarting
> anything, we are looking for a more elegant way for this.
> Has anyone of you thought about such a "hot deployment" feature? I could
> imagine a simple solution where cocoon checks after a specific time period
> for changes in the configuration file.
>
> I am looing for your thoughts.

How about having your servlet engine restart Cocoon?  Anyways, what would
be the purpose of a dynamically reconfigured Cocoon?  It is a "cool" feature,
but once a site has been built and configured, it really shouldn't change.
What about having multiple instances in different Contexts?  One for each
version of Cocoon you need.