cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Wildcard utility
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:16:03 GMT

I have written a wildcard matching utility (not complete yet), and would
like help with finding any problems with it before I proceed to the next
level (return the array of wildcard matches).

Anyone wish to create more test samples??

Now supported;
* = zero or many characters
? = 1 and only 1 character

At a "*" it will scan the input string up until the following character
is found in the input string.
Meaning; No subexpression is evaluated. A pure, character per character
thing...I.E;
"abbaabc" matched again "*abc", will Not match.
I leave all that for the true RegExp matcher.

I believe the performance is acceptable (~11 microsecond call overhead
+  2-3 microseconds per character on my machine, in Java interperted
mode.)

Niclas