cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] (hopefully) last sitemap major changes
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:49:41 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >
> > > Even with this
> > >
> > >    <pipeline>
> > >     <handle-errors>
> > >      <serialize type="..."/>
> > >     </handle-errors>
> > >     <handle-traces>
> > >      <serialize type="trace"/>
> > >     </handle-traces>
> > >    </pipeline>
> > >
> > > Where do we point the serializer to serialize the stream?
> >
> > Back to the client.
>
> Ok, I don't see it and it seems that I'm the only one!?!
>
> How do we serialize two streams to the client?

You don't.

> I think I've really missed some points, sorry :(

My idea is:

1) if you ask for the resource, the tracing is lost
2) if you ask for the trace, the resource is lost

and when some error occurs, the resource is lost anyway.

You may disagree with this vision and I'm all ears for a solution that
fits all needs, but I couldn't find one.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.