cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP mime type?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 21:49:35 GMT
Matt Sergeant wrote:

> AxKit uses mime types to identify what processor to use at each
> stage.

Hmmmm, I'd consider this a bad practice.

With namespaces, you have the ability to include several different
content types inside one file. For example, FO + SVG + MathML.

Mime-type is too weak of a concept to stand the power you need.

> I've been using application/x-xsp as the mime type for XSP, but I
> was wondering if anyone had thought about a definitive mime type for XSP
> in the cocoon group?

We carefully tried to avoid messing with mime-types inside the pipeline
(only after the serialization where all layers are flattened into one)
but "application/x-xsp" is good enough for me if you really need it.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.