cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forms proposal
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 10:49:24 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Many others have something to say about this?
>
> Is this not a whole different thing??
>
> My knowledge of FORMs is basically;
>
> The form's fields will be parameters in the URL.
> Is there any other long-term suggestions on how forms are to be sent from the
> browser to the server?
>
> Sounds to me what you want to do is;
>
> Http parameters -> XML -> validate -> destinationtion processor -> response
page.

> Then to me, it looks like that Cocoon executes the response page creation, and
> that the Generator for such is the 'processor' of the Form.
> Then you would add a new type of ServletRequest class, which overrides the
> doPost(). It would require its own kind of mapping to validation and processing
> classes, but quite straight forward.

I believe Nicola was proposing to create a sort of infrastructure for
"web round-trips":

   server -> client -> server

to simplify what is already possible.

But I agree with Niclas that this may just be a layer on top of Cocoon.

If this doesn't require any architectural changes, then I'd like to
postpone this discussion when we have implemented the sitemap and enough
components to test the design.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.