cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs with Docbook
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 21:15:30 GMT
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the current state of my Docbook efforts:
>
> 1. document2docbook.xsl works, including links
>    (at least for sitemap.xml)

cool.

> 2. Norman's Docbook->HTML XSL stylesheets work with some minor
>    bugs. I'll either fix these or report them to Norman within the
>    next few days.

I'm all for moving Norman's stuff over to Apache. Norman, what's your
status on this? Now you work for Sun, right? Is this still your day job?

> 3. With the stylesheets now working, I'm wondering about where we're
>    going to put the created HTML docs and how we're going to link to
>    these from the Stylebook generated pages.

Yep, Cocoon Offline-mode with take care of this nicely, before that...
hack it somehow :)

> 4. Nobody has had any answer to the following question yet, so I'm
>    going to dump the Stylebook-like layout (at least temporarily until
>    someone volunteers to customize the stylesheets for the current
>    xml.apache.org layout). I don't like pages with that many tables
>    and graphics stuff in them anyway.

Fine with me, let's have things working, we'll fine-tune later on.

> > Are we going to use the xml.apache.org layout with those zillions of
> > tables and graphics? This would make Docbook->HTML stylesheets a
> > challenging task, I think.

Nah, that's the beauty of XSLT, once the schema complexity is there,
adding more style is piece of cake.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.