cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Lancelle <...@knosys.com>
Subject Was great, now doom and gloom...
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 07:16:43 GMT
I just had Cocoon working great with Tomcat 3.1.

Then did something...?? Wish I could remember..oh yeah, tried to build a
cvs of ant...but didn't use the build.

Now I get the following message whenever I try to access an xml file
with Cocoon running:

            Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

    java.lang.RuntimeException:
        Error creating org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure
the needed classes can be found in the classpath
(org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler)
    at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:133)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:202)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)

    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)

    at
    at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

    at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I have gone through the faqs and over the installation several times,
with no results. In my context, I have modified web.xml to look for the
cocoon.properties file (I place it under WEB-INF...as before the great
gloom). Also, when Tomcat starts up, the *.jar files build the path
correctly, placing the Xerces jar before the xml jar. In fact, I tried
removing the xml.jar file. Tomcat startup balks...must need it.

Any ideas? Maybe reinstall?

Thanks,
Jon Lancelle