cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: [C2] (hopefully) last sitemap major changes
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2000 07:55:30 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 1) namespace:
> to http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0

+1.

> 2) filter becomes transformer

A Transformer takes an input and Transforms it to an output. The process is
called a Transformation.
+1.

> 3) increased redirection capabilities
>
>  <map:redirect-to uri="..."/>
>  <map:redirect-to resource="..."/>

Feels right.
+1

> 5) added the notion of "error handling" (which includes metaevents
> handling) as such
>
>  <map:pipeline>
>   <map:match ...>
>   </map:match>
>   <map:handle-errors>
>    <map:transform src="./style/error-page2html.xsl"/>
>    <map:serialize/>
>   </map:handle-errors>
>  </map:pipeline>

+1 for the idea...
BUT, is it possible to Reset the SAX stream, and start all over?? And what
about the response object in case of Http? It would possibly already been
sending some data back to the client, by the time the error occur, no?
A bit uncertain of the possibilities and implications...

> 6) added the notion of "views" and pipeline "labels".

Don't grasp this... Your sample has too many "content", and hard to
understand what belongs where.
You have another example, perhaps in the CVS?

> Ok, people, this is it.
>
> This is what my poor fried brain could come up with.
>
> This, for me, it's the last working draft for Cocoon 2.0... it may not
> be perfect, but it covers up everything I wanted to cover with this
> release.

<snip>

> So, I consider it feature-frozen from now.
>
> Let's polish it and let's rock and roll implementing it :)

What? We are only talking Sitemap here... Wait until things falls in place
and the massive stream of requests and wishlist is pouring in from the
crowd.

Last question for the last WD - 1.1? or 1.2?
No clue what the consensus was last time.

Niclas