cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@one.lv>
Subject RE: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:19:49 GMT

[snip]

> All right, great point.
>
> The ASF is having a hackaton _before_ the conference and Ben Laurie is
> taking care of organizing this.
>
> This is, more or less, restricted to active developers
> (people that have
> CVS commit access) or people that are willing to become an active
> developer.
>
> On the other hand, I wouldn't want to "cocoon-polarize" the hackaton
> that is supposed to be a way to let each project know about itself to
> the other ASF projects to trigger higher level integration (think at
> things like PHP/Perl/Cocoon or Xerces/Xalan/Cocoon/Fop or
> Cocoon/Jetspeed/Prowler or Avalon/James/Tomcat, Apache/Tomcat etc...)

As Jetspeed2 is going to be based on Cocoon2, are Jetspeed developers
allowed to participate? ;-)

I'm not 100% sure if I will be able to attend, but if we manage to raise
our first round of financing (with our Jetspeed based portal) then I
think there is quite a high probability for me to show up in London.

And I'm actively thinking about different ways of making Jetspeed a
Cocoon application (I'm not particularly satisfied with the current
cocoonportlet hack) and also integrating some features of Turbine. By
that time, we might even have something working...

Neeme

PS. And I would love to put some faces behind all those email
addresses...