cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro E. Gómez" <pgo...@pragma.com.co>
Subject Re: Sugestions and doubs
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:32:48 GMT
Yes, I am using the SQLTaglib.

The pool idea is cool (It is for cocoon 1.x or just for 2), what do you thing about the subqueries
(This is very usefull) and about having the queries defs in other place. (See the original
message)

Thanks.

----- Original message -----
From:Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: Cocoon <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>, Pedro E. Gómez <pgomez@pragma.com.co>
Sent:07/07/2000 18:47
Received:07/07/2000 18:43
Subject:Re: Sugestions and doubs

use the sql logicsheet - http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/sqltaglib.html

> 1- Do you have to declare always the params which are going to be use
> inside the XSL template? e.g. <xsl:param name="myparam"/>
>
> Without this it does not work for me.

yes, you do.

> 2- How can I format the results in the XSL, for example a date?

if you're formatting results from a sql query, you can use the
SimpleDateFormat class from the JDK - see the sql logicsheet docs for an
example. or you can use call a xalan extension function directly in your
stylesheet.

> 3- Can I define my own functions to be use in the XSL?
> The general idea is that i want to add my own functions to the XSL.

yes - see the extension function documentation on the xalan site.

> 4- There are some kind of connection pool?
> I have some sugestions about connection pooling and the queries.

a connection pool has been added to the latest cvs for the sql
logicsheet. The pools are declared in the cocoon.properties file.

- donald

Message sent with Misiva.
Visit us at http://www.pragma.com.co/misiva