cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: More C2 thread savety issues
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:45:15 GMT
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:33:20PM +0200, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> In fact they are all non-threadsafe because of the api, right
> (at least generators, transformers and serializers) ?

Yep, because there is no context passed to the SAX api
functions, and because the order of the calls is significant,
classes utilising the SAX api can never be inherently thread
safe. You could synchronize on the component before starting
to use it, which would stop anyone else interfering with it
until you'd finished, but this will hold up the pipelines.
Once we've got pooling into Avalon, things should be a lot
friendlier and quicker.

Paul

Luminas Ltd.