cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: converting docs to PDF or some other "printer-friendly" format?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:33:10 GMT
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:25:08PM +0200, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> I have got the following things working in my local copy now:
> [...]

Great!

> What is still missing:
>
> 7. Produce PDF via XSL:FO, i.e. find a version of FOP that handles all
>    necessary XSL:FO elements.

Any ideas how far current FOP is from this stage?

> 8. Find out if Cocoon2 works with the current CVS versions of
>    Xalan/Xerces. If not, we're going to have to wait for a working C2
>    offline mode or hack something together with seperated Xalan/Xerces
>    Jars for building C2 docs and building/running C2.

I *believe* (and Giacomo can confirm) that cocoon2's sitemap
implementation is now more or less complete, giving us the
'view' options we need to spider the xml files. If this is
the case, I'm happy to begin implementing an offline module
(again <grin>) although I'm fairly busy, so it might take me
a week or so...

Cheers all,

Paul

Luminas Ltd.