cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 05:59:27 GMT

--- Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> > This is true, but the XSL transformer seriously delays this stream,
> right?
>
> Only if the stylesheet does something like sorting.  In Xalan 2.0
> with SAX
> streams, it should do a pretty good job at transforming while input
> is
> still occuring  (a lot of work has gone into this).  For instance, if
> you
> pipe five transforms together, with a parse at the beginning, the end
> transform can be producing characters to the result stream when the
> parse
> has only just begun.

Cool to have you on the line, Scott. Last weekend we talked about
having Xalan 2.0 being able to report Locator information in a
<xsl:message>. I know the spec. has no notion of that but do you see a
way to get at Locator information withing a template during
transformation to report validation failures?

Giacomo

=====