cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sitemap mount concerns
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:08:32 GMT
Woo. A U-turn from Mr Russell.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 11:53:42PM -0700, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> The first examples gives the freedom to spread the mount elements all
> over the pipelines and have the uri which they are mounted on
> wildcarded (this means you don't really know where they are mounted
> on).

Looks too complicated to maintain, realistically.

> The second example removes the mount element from the pipelines and
> have them centralized in one place in the sitemap. You also exactly see
> where they are mounted on.

+1.

> I don't see the need for the flexibility the first example gives. The
> second example reduces verbosity of the pipeline and separates the
> concern of mounting to a central place in the sitemap.

The only thing that I can see as a potential point of interest is that
sometimes it's nice to generalise - for example: (excuse the incorrect
syntax)

<map:mount match="^/~(.*)/" src="/home/$1/public_html/sitemap.xmap"/>

would be handy for sites offering their employees access to cocoon...

Is there any way we can get the best of both worlds on this one?

> I will suggest using the second example.

Yep. +1.

Luminas Ltd.