cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap configuration issues
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:02:43 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > This is correct:
> >   <map:serializer type="html"
> >       src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer"/>
> >
> > because type= and src= are attribute recognized by the Sitemap engine.
> >
> > This doesn't make sence because the component will not get the mime-type attribute:
> >   <map:serializer type="html" mime-type="text/html"
> >       src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer"/>
> >
> > instead it has to be written as:
> >   <map:serializer type="html"
> >       src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer"/>
> >     <mime-type map:value="text/html"/>
> >   </map:serializer>
> >
> > or
> >   <map:serializer type="html" mime-type="text/html"
> >       src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer"/>
> >     <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
> >   </map:serializer>
> >
> > I will also state that the following as illegal:
> >   <map:serializer type="html"
> >       src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer"/>
> >     <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
> >     <map:param name="foo" value="bar"/>
> >     <map:param name="baz">foobar</map:param>
> >   </map:serializer>
> >
> > simply because we don't need a construct like <map:param .../>
>
> While I agree on <map:param> I totally disagree on mime-type.
>
> "mime-type" is an attribute of the map:serializer element, not a
> component configuration.

Ok, this was not stated in the sitemap-working-draft.xsd. Then also the status-code attribute
is
one of those, right? So, what else? And what additional attributes do map:generator,
map:transformer, map:selector and map:matcher have byside name=, src= and label= (can a
map:matcher have a label=)?

> ??? there is no such thing as "runtime configuration". Configurations
> are, by definition, available at init time and restart time.
>
> At run-time, variables are called "parameters", not "configurations".

Ok, while we talk about runtime parameters to action elements this means we have no structured
parametrizing capability like the configuration. I mean something like this is invalid:

   <map:transform src="stylesheet/foo.xsl">
    <foo>
     <bar/>
     <baz/>
    </foo>
   </map:serialize>

How are those Parameters named? We have used the map:param element to fill a Dictionary for
"semantic information" available to pipeline components, right?.

Giacomo

=====