cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Behaviour of mount element in sitemap
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:08:34 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Ross Burton wrote:
> >
> > >Now my question: is this 2. snipped correct?
> >
> > >If it is correct, then we need a way to manipulate the uri of the request
> > when delegating to
> > >sub-sitemaps to strip away the prefix of the parent sitemap. Or we have to
> > pass the requested uri
> > >separately to sitemap components (and thus changing several Interfaces).
> >
> > IMHO, this is right.  Sub-sitemaps only need to know about their portion of
> > the URI space and need no other knowledge (such as where they are mounted).
>
> Totally agreed. Just follow the Servlet 2.2 context mapping model.

Do you mean, that a SitemapProcessor should expose some kind of Resolver interface to make
the
sub-sitemap have resolved any filesystem resource needed to the base of the mounted sitemap
(some
kind of chroot behaviour)?

And what about links? Should a SitemapProcessor plug itself into the pipeline as a transformer
and
intercept links to change them according to the "context" it runs in? Puh, this sound like
something I've removed some days ago which was called LinkTranslator, do you remember?

Giacomo

=====