cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Behaviour of mount element in sitemap
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:31:50 GMT
Hi all

I'm still thinking about the behaviour of the mount element in the sitemap.

Suppose the requested resource is represented as "/news/italy/today". In the root sitemap
we have
the following mount

<map:match type="uri-wildcard" pattern="/news/**">
  <map:mount src="/home/news"/>
</map:match>

The sitemap at /home/news contains the following snippet:

<map:match type="uri-wildcard" pattern="/italy/**">
  <map:mount src="/home/news/italy"/>
</map:match>

Now my question: is this 2. snipped correct?

If it is correct, then we need a way to manipulate the uri of the request when delegating
sub-sitemaps to strip away the prefix of the parent sitemap. Or we have to pass the requested
uri
separately to sitemap components (and thus changing several Interfaces).

If it is wrong, sub-sitemap admins have always to know what their uri prefix is and thus have
specify it on every action component that deals with uris.

What is your sugestions.

Giacomo

=====