cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Sitemap class generation
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 08:18:44 GMT
On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 01:58:13PM +1000, Rob Parker wrote:
> May I ask what the motivation/advantage is of a generated sitemap class over
> a generic
> class consisting of say hashtables which reads the configuration file?

There is no advantage concerning "read the configuration file".
Reading the configuration could be done like you mentioned and
was realized in the early Cocoon 2 version.
But mainly it is performance advantages at resource generation
time compared to a interpretative version, don't you think?
And personaly, it was curiosity how this could be done.

Giacomo