cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] StatusGenerator
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:45:02 GMT
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 11:23:07PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Paul Russell wrote:
> > Attatched is an *incredibly* early version of the StatusGenerator
> > I was fiddling with yesterday evening.
> Cool. :)

Heh. that's what I like about you, easily please. If only I had the
time to put some *proper* work in. Dayjobs, grr ;)

> Nah, this should be "built-in" inside the component pipe, otherwise you
> have to specify this everytime.

Yep. Makes sense. I was playing with the generating code earlier, and
I get the impression it's a little too early to start thinking about
adding hooks ;)

Is there anything I can usefully do to help with the implementation of
the sitemap code?

> No, I'd rather recompile the sitemap with statistics turned off.

Agreed.

> I think the sitemap should take care of these statistics...

And again..

> >   2) Anyone got any bright ideas how you can measure the load
> >      on a host from within Java? I can't think of any platform
> >      independant way...
> Neither do I :-(

Damn.

> Anyway, platform dependency here would not that bad... stuff like
> Runtime.exec("uptime"). Of course, there is no win32 nor MacOS
> equivalent for this.... but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, I guess. It's a shame though, isn't it. Perhaps I should
knock up an API for system health monitoring - I need it for a
few other projects too.

Luminas Ltd.