cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Stimmel <jon-li...@stimmel.net>
Subject Re: [C2] StatusGenerator
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 19:34:18 GMT
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 04:04:42PM +0100, Paul Russell wrote:

>  1) How should we go about extracting performance/operating
>     statistics from Cocoon? Two possibilities occour:

How about introducing an interface which components may implement
to spit out status information. StatusGenerator would then just
get a list of each type of component from Cocoon, and if it
implements the interface, calls the appropriate method to spit
out SAX events (which would presumably be sent to an XSL stylesheet).

With this model, doing something like:

>     * Write a filter that gathers statistics from the pages
>       as they are served (number of 'hits', time taken to
>       serve each page, that kind of thing).

wouldn't be difficult, though I'd reserve it for more "advanced"
statistical information (collecting site usage data, e.g.).