cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "N. Sean Timm" <st...@mailgo.com>
Subject Re: C2 status
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:29:16 GMT
"Giacomo Pati" <Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch> wrote:
> Sean Timm will try to get Xalan 2.0 working with this release (trax). I
> personaly had no luck with Xalan 2.0 transforming a sitemap to java code
> using the stylesheet I've written

(src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl).

Yes...unfortunately, the current version of Xalan 2 doesn't seem to work at
all converting that sitemap, so I can't test any of my code changes until
that starts working.  I fired a message off to Scott to see if I could get
some assistance on the Xalan end of things.  I believe the changes I've made
are correct, however, so it should be good to go as soon as we can get Xalan
usable.  I haven't created the TraxTransformer yet, but I've modified the
necessary files to make Cocoon2 use (and compile with) Xalan 2.  DOMUtils
has been modified to utilize JAXP and TRaX, so there isn't a hard-coded
dependency on Xerces and Xalan anymore.  (Although Xalan is currently the
only TRaX implementation that I know of...)

On a side note, creating diffs was a real pain due to the screwy double
carriage returns in a lot of the files.  I modified all of the files to
eliminate those double carriage returns, so once Xalan 2 is ready, should I
just zip up my source directory and pass it on to a committer?  Or would
another committer be so kind as to eliminate those double carriage returns
from all the source files?

Thanks!

- Sean T.