cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: Forms proposal
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 21:17:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Forms proposal

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> >
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > > Many others have something to say about this?
> >
> > Is this not a whole different thing??
> >
> > My knowledge of FORMs is basically;
> >
> > The form's fields will be parameters in the URL.
> > Is there any other long-term suggestions on how forms are to be sent from the
> > browser to the server?
> >
> > Sounds to me what you want to do is;
> >
> > Http parameters -> XML -> validate -> destinationtion processor -> response
page.

> > Then to me, it looks like that Cocoon executes the response page creation, and
> > that the Generator for such is the 'processor' of the Form.
> > Then you would add a new type of ServletRequest class, which overrides the
> > doPost(). It would require its own kind of mapping to validation and processing
> > classes, but quite straight forward.
>
> I believe Nicola was proposing to create a sort of infrastructure for
> "web round-trips":
>
>    server -> client -> server
>
> to simplify what is already possible.
>
> But I agree with Niclas that this may just be a layer on top of Cocoon.

I't just the definition of a "framework" that uses cocoon features to help
with forms.
I't "doing forms with cocoon".

> If this doesn't require any architectural changes, then I'd like to
> postpone this discussion when we have implemented the sitemap and enough
> components to test the design.

Ok.
I wanted to see what you all think of my idea before starting it, to see if it
is reasonable.
I need to do it, and I would like to make it good.
Thank you.

Ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Personal homepage at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewchannel.jsp?EID=39153
Personal FAQ at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewfaqs.jsp?EID=39153
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)