cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "N. Sean Timm" <st...@mailgo.com>
Subject Re: C2 status
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:21:12 GMT
<rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Will any of these changes work with Xalan 1?  For example, shouldn't the
> JAXP change be independent of this?

Yes, but the JAXP change is so minor, I think it can wait to be submitted
with my other changes (unless you *really* want to see it right now).  :)
We can't use JAXP everywhere until it supports SAX 2, so this is just a
change in the DOMUtil class for the most part (although I do have it
propagate up a ParserConfigurationException).

> Personally, I would like to see the changes go in incrementally, and only
> the parts which are actually held up by Xalan 2 development be held back.

As a general rule, I agree.  I just thought the change was rather minor and
could wait.  Feel free to change my mind.  :)

- Sean T.