cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@softwarebuero.de>
Subject Re: concurrent document requests
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 06:38:55 GMT
Conny Krappatsch wrote:
> Donald Ball wrote:

> > > Up to now I got three different exceptions. I couldn't find out which
> > > circumstances cause which one to arise.
> > > Thanks for your interest. Here are the stack traces:
> > > (I didn't really count them, but it seems as the first one occurs most often.)
> >
> > It looks rather like your XSLT stylesheet is invalid, though it's
> > certainly possible that it's a threading issue with Xalan as well. Can you
> > send a copy of your stylesheet? Also, try synchronizing the trasnform
> > method in org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer - not a long term
> > solution, by any stretch of the imagination, but if it makes the problem
> > go away then it's a fairly clear indicator that Xalan is the problem.
> >
> > Also, you might want to give XTTransformer a whirl, just to compare XSLT
> > engines. That's why we support 'em both.
>
> The stylesheet(s) is (are) correct. Requesting the pages step by step (i.e.
> only one page at one time) works fine.
> Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them and let you know the results.

I solved the problem. Well, actuelly the problem was solved by somebody else
weeks (months?) ago. We worked with an early Cocoon 1.7 (and a very early
Xalan). Installing the latest release fixed the problem. Should have tried this
before bothering you [shame on me :-(  ].

Thanks for your help and sorry for any inconvenience,
Conny

Conny Krappatsch                     conny@softwarebuero.de
SMB GmbH                             http://www.softwarebuero.de