cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From John Morrison <john.morri...@experian.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on a data-driven web site
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:04:03 GMT
Hi All.

I lurk alot but here's something I've attempted to do...

I've an SQL database which I access though the SQL Taglib.  This forces
the xml file it is contained in to be compiled.

With the data extracted from the calls to the database I want to transform
the xml produced into another DTD and  dynamically calculate some
information (the difference between two dates as it happens) and add
this to the data.  I would assume that using XSLT to transform the output
from the query and add extra tag's is the correct method?

To calculate the date difference I want to use XSP but I can't compile
XSL(T) sheets into class files.

If XSP support's XSLT or filtering this is possible yes?

Thanks,

John.