cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Manipulating SVGs
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:27:36 GMT
At 19:48 +0100 14/06/00, Ross Burton wrote:

>With XSP it would be perfectly possible to create dynamic SVG documents, but
>they would have to be created from scratch.  As far as I know it is not
>possible to take a SVG file from the filesystem, perform arbitary
>modifications and stream it along the pipeline.

I could easily be misunderstanding your problem, but creating dynamic SVG
is just as easy as creating any other form of XML.

I just use XML and XSL. The XSL assembles SVG from embedded tags or entities.

But I am sending SVG direct to the client, not rendering to bitmap, that
allows me to build interactive or animated SVGs dynamically :)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre