cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: SiteMap reloading
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:14:31 GMT
At 23:35 +0200 19/06/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> While you are developing new material to publish with Cocoon, it will be
>> difficult having a sitemap that does not re-load dynamically, because with
>> Cocoon 2 we loose the naughty but flexible PI based pipeline creation, no?
>
>Right. Look again, the Cocoon2 sitemap _does_ reload dynamically, even
>today. But since this is kind of slow (expecially when you have several
>cascaded sitemaps), we'll make it possible to turn this off for
>production (if you care)

Sorry, I had not delved deeply enough to realise this ....

>> This cache problem usually means with Cocoon 1.7.5 I am restarting my dev
>> server every couple of minutes, not a situation I would recommend to work
>> groups :)
>
>No, of course, but this is a bug, not a design fault and can be fixed
>with more careful coding... we just didn't want to spend time at that
>since there are things that take the precedence.

OK, I understand, thanks for the reassurance

TBH I was getting a bit worried/frustrated at the caching behaviour of C1,
I am glad to see the problem is recognised, I hope I was not too rude about
it :>

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre