cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject SiteMap reloading
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:54:42 GMT
Hi,

Just thought of something about the sitemap in Cocoon 2.

While you are developing new material to publish with Cocoon, it will be
difficult having a sitemap that does not re-load dynamically, because with
Cocoon 2 we loose the naughty but flexible PI based pipeline creation, no?

About caching, will Cocoon 2 be smarter about actually re-loading all xsl
or xml files that might have been changed, wherever they are in the chain?

Is the new architecture better able to tell what has changed?

This cache problem usually means with Cocoon 1.7.5 I am restarting my dev
server every couple of minutes, not a situation I would recommend to work
groups :)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre