cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XML -> Flash (!)
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:05:27 GMT
At 19:59 +0100 16/06/00, Ross Burton wrote:
>http://195.14.236.181/wave/
>
>It's been done!

Ha! Now I am getting really miffed there is no Java 2 for my platform !

I expected this functionality to appear, just not so quickly!

This is very interesting, but having spent some time getting to know SVG I
find it a bit odd they had to write their own DTD for this. I guess these
things never work out in an ideal fashion. This is so much more verbose
than SVG!

At a cursory glance, I reckon it could be possible to write a stylesheet
that could convert between the two SVG and SWFML(?).

I wonder how they will incorporate some of the functionality of Flash4 like
the (utterly nasty) scripting capability.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre