cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: HEAD/GET Bug
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:18:55 GMT
Hi All,

I have been doing some more experimentation around the HEAD request problem
I identified earlier.

It is definitely happening.

I checked the Servlet engine would pass the Query String accessing a
Servlet with a HEAD Request, yes.

I checked Cocoon would receive the Query String using
<request:get-query-string/> in xsp/lib-page.xml with a HEAD Request, yes.


Even though the data is in the query-string, doing a <request:get-parameter
name="section"/> only works with a GET, not with a HEAD Request, the same
goes for the automatic passing of query params to the StyleSheet, these
only work in a Get Request.

Named query args only appear to be available during a GET Request.

Can anybody replicate this?

I have started looking through the source to try and work out where this
behaviour occurs, no luck yet.

Doing all this low level poking around, looking at response headers etc. it
becomes plain that Cocoon is not very sophisticated with it's response yet.
Would it be advantageous one day to add things like Last Modified: maybe
with the cache date. Or even to handle HEAD Requests with just a header
made from the cache date etc.


regards Jeremy
-- 
   ___________________________________________________________________

   Jeremy Quinn                                           Karma Divers
                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <mailto:sharkbait@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>

Mime
View raw message