cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <A.Sav...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject Re: sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:44:15 GMT
On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> b. i think there's a place for user authentication inside cocoon,

I have to say that putting authentication into cocoon seems like a REALLY
bad idea to me (I may be being shortsighted, I'm sure you'll let me know
;). Whether it's FileMatcher or IPAddressMatcher or whatever, we'd be
looking at re-implementing vast chunks of code that is already done and
dusted in many webservers. Is authentication _really_ Cocoon's job?

Andrew.

Web Consultant                             | Email: a.savory at uea.ac.uk
Library and Learning Resources             | URL:   http://www.uea.ac.uk/
University of East Anglia                  | All views are my own -
Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK                       |        who else would want them?