cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley>
Subject Re: sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:24:25 GMT
On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> Is mapping URLspace to filespace really cocoon's job?
> That's traditionally the job of a web server as well.

only when it's really just serving files. cocoon doesn't
limit itself thus.

> Since we're carving out URLspace in the cocoon sitemap,
> doesn't it make sense to at least offer the option to
> have access to the various URLs limited in the sitemap?
> Read over the current sitemap working draft and see if
> you're still in disagreement.

i go back and forth on this issue, but currently i think
authentication and authorization should be managed by the
environment, not by the content production engine. the
intersection of the two should only ever be in

View raw message