cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: playing with cocoon2
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:14:04 GMT
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Gabor Dolla wrote:

> why should cocoon get involved with these files ? I mean pictures, html
> and the like ?
>
> I guess this should work:
>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*.jpg</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> where default is tomcat's default servlet serving from files:
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>
>             default
>         </servlet-name>
>         <servlet-class>
>             org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet
>         </servlet-class>

interesting approach - just make an end run around cocoon. unfortunately,
when i added this to WEB-INF/web.xml in my cocoon.war and i hit a jpg file
anywhere in the cocoon repository, i get a tomcat directory listing for
the root of the cocoon repository. perhaps i'm merely demonstrating my
ignorance of tomcat though?

i'm still somewhat concerned about administrator's having to maintain
mimetype to file extension mappings in two places (apache mime.types,
tomcat web.xml). oh well, c'e la vie.

- donald